W. Robert Connor
- Deconstructing "Narratives of Decline" about the Liberal Arts
- Reflecting on a comment by the former president of Williams College, Frank Oakley, this essay explores liberal education as a "narrative" in addressing the changes that have occurred in the last decade.
- How to waste $3.1 billion
- In response to an article in the New York Times, Connor explains how institutions in liberal education have to get serious about teaching for the real world.
- Tendencies in higher education that might affect classical studies
- This discussion on the trends that are likely to affect higher education in the next few years focuses on promoting awareness of "the importance (and vitality) of liberal education."
- The One Graph You Need to See and The Dartmouth Liberal Arts Conference
- These recent essays reflect on a graph based on the freshman surveys by the Higher Education Research Institute at UCLA and an article in the Boston Globe about a conference at Dartmouth College.