Volume IV: What works, what matters, what lasts
Disciplines & Programs
Bio2010: Transforming Undergraduate Education for Future Research Biologists
This National Research Council publication outlines the rationale for and approaches to transforming undergraduate biology departments to more directly reflect changes in how science is practiced.
Making connections: To, from, and within the mathematical community
- David Bressoud, Professor & Chair of Mathematics & Computer Science - Macalester College
- Lynn Arthur Steen, Professor of Mathematics - St. Olaf College
Authors describe the wide range of activities and publications within the MAA (Mathematical Association of America) that emphasize three broader categories of connections important to their community:
- connections to and from other disciplines
- connections within the mathematical sciences
- connections to the needs of students served by mathematics departments, majors and non-majors.