2006 PKAL F21 National Assembly
Poster Session Guidelines
Submission Deadline: September 15, 2006
The 2006 PKAL F21 National Assembly will address issues relating to:
- Coming Together to Build Collegial Curricular Connections
- Coming Together to Focus on Student Learning
- Coming Together to Connect Beyond Your Campus Community
- Coming Together to Work Toward Institutional Transformation
- Coming Together to Advance PKAL.
Your submission will be used in several ways:
- All poster submissions will be part of a PKAL Leadership Initiative portfolio, that captures the ideas, insights, and materials explored during the 2006 PKAL F21 National Assembly.
- A representative group of posters will be selected for exhibition during the poster session on Friday evening, preceded and followed by facilitated discussions about what makes institutional change successful.
- During the 2006 - 2007 academic year, select posters and other F21 materials (F21 statesments, etc.) will be incorporated into postings for PKAL Volume IV: What works, what matters, what lasts as appropriate, and used as a resource for future PKAL leadership efforts.
Guidelines for Submission
Poster submissions must be made via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
File format: MS Powerpoint
Due Date: September 15, 2006.
The email message header/subject line should read "F21 Poster Submission." The body of the message must include:
Title & Department
Vision of the Future
Each poster should be submitted as a single MS Powerpoint slide with the dimensions of 56" wide by 48" tall.
Each poster should have a title box that includes
- Title & Department
- Vision for the future
Each poster should then describe:
- the process by which the vision was shaped, including barriers or roadblocks to overcome
- who was/is involved in the process
- how resources were identified and secured
- what difference their efforts are making for students, and how you know.
An example can be found at: