PKAL Phase VI— Facilitating Interdisciplinary Learning
C. How- Application Process
Interested campuses should submit a one-page letter of intent by May 30, 2008 to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes:
- A description of an ID STEM program and progress toward developing, implementing, and assessing the program.
- A description of what the campus hopes to achieve through their involvement in the project.
Letters will be reviewed and selected campuses will be invited to submit a more detailed application that will be due in mid-June 2008.
Project support for participating institutional teams:
- Travel, room, and board (up to $1000) for campus team leader to attend the August 2008 orientation meeting.
Expected institutional support:
- Team member travel, room, and board for two summer meetings in 2009 and 2010.
- Assign/release time for faculty to develop, implement, and assess program; prepare project reports.
- Campus community building activities and program implementation costs.
Other project support:
- Project leadership, mentors, and consultants (honoraria and one campus visit).
- PKAL staff support.
- Online seminar and web access/support resources.
- Invitational Roundtables (1/year) - travel, room, and board for invitees (some invitees may be from participating institutions).
- Access to resources, publications.
- Meeting organization and logistics support.
Please submit questions to email@example.com