Identify The Problem
- In the initial application, teams describe their current circumstances, outlining specific instances in classroom and lab where student learning could be improved, potential barriers to reform, and their dreams for what might be
- In preparing for the workshop, participating teams identify the one critical issue they believe needs to be addressed as they and their colleagues work toward strengthening student learning
What is the most critical question for your team?
- How does a department develop a unified mission statement?
- How do you establish a peer mentoring program for all students, one that addresses the 'I am unprepared' syndrome?
- How can we balance the need for depth in content with the need for breadth in interdisciplinary work?