Agenda for Action: University of Massachusetts-Boston
Quality Undergraduate Psychology Programs
July 25-28, 2001
To infuse more research experience throughout the undergraduate major in a program with:
- a large number of majors (850)
- a diverse student body
- no resources to require an introductory research lab course for all majors
- Suggest a list of research-based activities that could be incorporated into existing courses throughout the curriculum as a resource for our colleagues.
- Ask faculty teams in the 5 core areas to review the activities list with a focus on how to thread activities across courses of different levels within their areas.
- Explore with the department chair ways to increase incentives for faculty and undergraduate collaborative research.
- Incorporate new research based on quantitative reasoning experiences for our (i.e. team participants) own courses.