Agenda for Action: Dickinson College
Undergraduate Psychology Programs: Current Best Practices & the Future
June 2-5, 2002
- To create a common set of knowledge, skills, values (KSV) goals that our department agrees is important for our majors.
- To begin to develop a program within this agreed-upon set of KSV goals.
Each individual member of department starts with 10 KSVs as suggested by APA and answers the following questions:
- Is this an acceptable and/or important goal for every psychology major?
- Is this an acceptable and/or important goal for our program?
- Does this goal fit with the mission of the college?
- What other KSVs apply to the above that have not already been suggested?
Once we have agreed upon set of KSVs, then individually and as a group, answer the following questions:
- What learning contexts currently address each KSV?
- What new learning experiences are needed?
Articulate the department program.
Develop documents that communicate our program:
- a departmental mission statement
- a statement of expectations of faculty and students
Begin to develop and articulate assessment strategies.