2007 Fall Facilities Workshop
Workshop Application, Fees & Cancellation Procedures
Mission Inn Resort
Howey-in-the-Hills, Florida (- near Orlando)
November 30 - December 2, 2007
All workshop activities are designed to build institutional teams informed about and committed to strengthening the undergraduate science and mathematics programs for which they are responsible through the planning and designing of better spaces for science. Participants are highly encouraged to attend as members of an institutional team. Suggested team members include senior administrators with budget authority; other administrators and staff responsible for facilities management, information technologies, development, advancement, and/or curricular planning; and faculty leaders at all career stages with insights and expertise in shaping 21st century learning environments, intellectual and social.
Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis until the event is full. If planning to apply, please notify the PKAL office immediately as we are monitoring guest room availability.
Information requested on the online application form:
- Contact information for team members
- A description of the current status of planning for new spaces, including reports on curriculum development relevant to the spaces discussed. A brief description of present spaces should be included and, if available, the projected size and cost of the anticipated project.
- A statement articulating the goals for your facilities project.
- Brief description of each member of the proposed team and a one paragraph explanation of the appropriateness of the team.
- One "burning question" that your team would like to have addressed at the workshop.
- The letter of support from the President or Senior Administrator may be faxed to the PKAL National Office at 202-331-1283, or mailed to: PKAL Facilities Workshop; Project Kaleidoscope; 1730 Rhode Island Avenue, NW – Suite 803; Washington, DC 20036.
Teams will be given preference, however individual participants will be accepted as observers, subject to available space. Observers should follow the application procedure outlined above.
Workshop Fees & Cancellation Policy
The application fee for the workshop is $425.00 per person. The fee includes meals and workshop materials. Participants will be invoiced. Project Kaleidoscope accepts payment by check or credit card (Visa or Mastercard only). Participants are responsible for the cost of lodging and travel.
Workshop cancellations must be made in writing to Project Kaleidoscope at firstname.lastname@example.org. Full refunds will be provided to those who cancel by 5:00 pm Eastern on Wednesday, November 21. Cancellations received after this date will not receive a refund. Full workshop fees will be charged for "no-shows" (no refunds will be given). Registrations are transferable within an institution..
Please call at 202-232-1300 or write to email@example.com