2007 PKAL Facilities Workshop
Application Process, Registration Fees & Cancellation Policy
Applications Closed: Event Full
Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles
- near the Washington Dulles International Airport -
March 16 - 18, 2007
All workshop activities are designed to build institutional teams informed about and committed to strengthening the undergraduate science and mathematics programs for which they are responsible through the planning and designing of better spaces for science. Participants are highly encouraged to attend as members of an institutional team. Suggested team members include senior administrators with budget authority; other administrators and staff responsible for facilities management, information technologies, development, advancement, and/or curricular planning; and faculty leaders at all career stages with insights and expertise in shaping 21st century learning environments, intellectual and social.
Registration is now closed. Teams will be selected from applications received by Thursday, February 1, 2007. Applications received after February 1 will be considered on a space-available basis.
Information requested on the online application form:
- Contact information for team members
- 500-word description of the current status of planning for new spaces, including reports on curriculum development relevant to the spaces discussed. A brief description of present spaces should be included and, if available, the projected size and cost of the anticipated project.
- 250-word statement articulating the goals for your facilities project.
- Brief description of each member of the proposed team and a one paragraph explanation of the appropriateness of the team.
- One "burning question" that your team would like to have addressed at the workshop.
- If your institution has received a Keck-PKAL Consultation in the past, please include a brief update on recent follow-up activities in response to the consultants' report.
- The letter of support from the President or Senior Administrator may be faxed to the PKAL National Office at 202-331-1283, or mailed to: PKAL Facilities Workshop; Project Kaleidoscope; 1730 Rhode Island Avenue, NW – Suite 803; Washington, DC 20036.
Teams will be given preference, however individual participants will be accepted as observers, subject to available space. Observers should follow the application procedure outlined above.
Workshop Fees & Cancellation Policy
The registration fee for the workshop is $400.00 per person. The fee includes meals and workshop materials. Participants will be invoiced. Project Kaleidoscope accepts payment by check or credit card (Visa or Mastercard only). Participants are responsible for the cost of lodging and travel.
Workshop cancellations must be made in writing to Project Kaleidoscope at email@example.com. Full refunds will be provided to those who cancel by 5:00 pm Eastern on Tuesday, March 6. Cancellations received after this date will not receive a refund. Full workshop fees will be charged for "no-shows" (no refunds will be given). Registrations are transferable within an institution..
Please call at 202-232-1300 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org