2006 Facilities Workshop: Meredith College
Schedule Overview, Hotel & Travel
Raleigh, North Carolina
March 3-5, 2006
The Project Kaleidoscope (PKAL) Workshop: Planning Facilities for Undergraduate Science & Mathematics will take place at Meredith College (March 3-4, 2006) and at the Marriott Raleigh Crabtree Valley (March 5, 2006) in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Pre-Event Facilities Tours
at North Carolina State University: 12:30 - 3:00 pm, March 3
Track 1: The David Clark Lab and The Marye Anne Fox Undergraduate Teaching Laboratory; Track 2: The N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission Administrative Headquarters and Education Center. Advance sign-up required.
- Onsite Registration: 1:30 - 3:30 pm, March 3
Atrium of the Science & Mathematics Building, Meredith College
- Pre-workshop bus departs from hotel to campus: 2:00 pm
- Workshop Begins: 3:30 pm, March 3
- Workshop Concludes: 12:00 pm, March 5
Marriott Raleigh Crabtree Valley
4500 Marriott Drive
Raleigh, NC 27612
Reservation Deadline: Friday, February 10
Reservation Phone Number: 1-800-228-9290 or 919-781-7000
Reservation Code: Project Kaleidoscope (ask for the Project Kaleidoscope rate, when making your reservation)
Room Rates: Single $84 | Double $84, plus tax
The workshop rate is available until February 10 as space allows. We encourage teams to make hotel reservations as soon as possible. Once the room block is sold out, the discounted rate may no longer apply. After the reservation cut-off date of February 10, any unreserved rooms will revert to hotel use.
Check-in: 3:00 p.m.; Check-out: 12:00 pm
Complimentary onsite parking; Complimentary airport shuttle
Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU)
Distance from hotel: 11 miles; Drive time: 15 minutes
- Marriott Hotel Shuttle: The Marriott Raleigh Crabtree Valley provides complimentary shuttle service between the hours of 6:00 am to 10:00 pm. Call the hotel from the baggage claim area for pick up. For return travel from hotel, please sign-up for the shuttle at hotel desk. Shuttle transportation is available on a first-come, first serve basis. Passengers can expect to wait up to 15 – 20 minutes at the airport for pick-up (wait time depends on traffic).
- Taxi fare to hotel: 30 USD (one way).
By Car to Hotel
From Raleigh-Durham International Airport: Interstate 540 North toward US 70, Exit US 70 East. Turn left on Marriott Drive. This stop light is directly across from the main entrance to the Crabtree Valley Mall.
Additional directions to the hotel are available on the hotel website.
By Car to Campus
Transportation during the Workshop
On a limited schedule, bus transportation will be provided throughout the workshop between the hotel and Meredith College.
If you have questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com.