2009 PKAL Workshop on Undergraduate Learning Spaces
Workshop Application, Fees & Cancellation
Workshop Full: We are no longer accepting applications.
PARTICIPANTS. Participants are encouraged to attend as members of an institutional team (3-5 person teams). Suggested team members include administrators with budget authority and/or responsibilities for facilities management, information technologies, development and/or curricular planning, as well as faculty at all career stages with insights, expertise and responsibility for shaping 21st century undergraduate learning environments, intellectual, social and physical. Individuals will be accepted on a space-available basis, and individuals should submit the application information requested below.
DEADLINE. Applications received before or on Thursday, September 17 will have priority in the selection process. Applications received later will be considered on a space-available basis.
APPLICATION INFORMATION. To facilitate discussions at the workshop, applicants are asked to submit the following information on the online application form. Please limit responses to 250 words for each item.
- Contact information for team members
- Please describe the current status of planning new learning spaces for your campus community (potential scope and size of project, disciplines and/or programs to be accommodated, etc.)
- Please describe why this project is important to your community at this time.
- Please describe the current structure of your planning team; identify the members of the proposed workshop team and the expertise/experience they bring to the planning effort.
- Please describe the two or three current ‘burning questions’ that your planning team is now addressing.
- A letter of support from a senior administrator is required; this may be sent electronically or faxed to PKAL at 202.331.1283.
WORKSHOP FEE. The workshop fee of $400 per person includes scheduled meals and workshop materials; Saturday evening dinner is not included. Participants are responsible for lodging and travel. A room block for participants has been arranged at the Millenium Hotel Durham; single and double rooms are $99.00 per night/ plus tax. Accepted participants will be notified about the conference hotel and other logistical arrangements for the workshop weekend. Accepted participants will be invoiced and payment may be made by check or credit card (Visa of Mastercard).
Cancellations must be made in writing to PKAL (email@example.com); full refunds will be provided if cancellation is made before 5:00 p.m. DC time on October 5, 2009. Cancellations received later will not be returned and ‘no-shows’ will be charged full workshop fees. Registrations may be transferred within a campus.
QUESTIONS. Please call at 202-232-1300 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org