2009 Keck/PKAL Summer Institute
Poster Session Information
Each participating campus is asked to prepare a poster on their project, to be displayed on a 2’ x 3’ board which will be provided. In addition to ‘posting’ your poster on Wednesday, July 29 during registration, we ask that you:
- Send in by July 15 your updated project description. These will be included in the pre-institute materials on the web, so that people come with a good sense of what is happening in the community. Please email to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Either during or before the institute, provide a digital copy of your poster to the PKAL office (email@example.com).
These posters will:
- remain up during our time together
- serve as the 2008 – 2009 year-end status report due from each participating institution
- provide the context from which the 2009 – 2010 agenda for action that you will ‘map’ during the institute and will present for critique during the final morning.
The poster should have the following (see example):
- Diagrams, data, and images, including a picture of your team
- Project Title & Institution Name and Address
- Use Arial font; headings should be 38 pt.; body of the text should be 26 pt.
- A 300-word abstract (goals/objectives) of the project as it can now be described; this is not the abstract in your application.
- Bullets with the top five things you’ve accomplished during the 2008 – 2009 academic year.
- A ‘hot tip!’ One low-cost, high impact strategy toward facilitating interdisciplinary learning that everyone should consider.
- One specific problem (barrier) that you seek advice on addressing during the institute.