Volume IV: What works, what matters, what lasts, 2004- present » Postings in 2004 » Addressing the theory and practice of leadership »
Volume IV: What works, what matters, what lasts
The individual as leader
July 9, 2004
- Book excerpt-
- "I talk about my transformation as a teacher through my work with ChemLinks and creation of ChemConnections modules. I talk about the risks, rewards, strategies, surprises, and struggle to deal with student resistance and defying disciplinary norms."
Excerpt from Astronomy Education Review, Volume 3, Issue 1, 2004.
- The importance of gifted individuals
- A series of personal insights reflects on the need for bold and progressive leadership to fight the forces that typically resist change.
- What is Leadership?
- Excerpt from Leadership reconsidered: Engaging higher education in social change
- Twelve Step Recovery Process for Lectureholics
- If you are addicted to lecturing, the advice in the essay by Jensen and Davidson suggests another approach to stepping back and considering how to transform the learning environment for you and your students.