- About PKAL
2004-2006 Leadership Initiative Seminar
2006 PKAL LI Leadership Institute- Baca Campus of the Colorado College; Crestone, Colorado
June 12 - 17, 2006
The 2006 PKAL LI Leadership Institute, held at the Baca campus of The Colorado College from June 12—17, focused on helping individual LI participants to develop leadership and team-building skills in the context of information about undergraduate science education at the local and national levels.
The Institute provided the opportunity for a select group of LI participants to:
- engage in discussions concerning the major issues that 21st century STEM leaders will face
- interact with STEM leaders
- study leadership theory and practice leadership skills
- reflect on personal and professional values and develop personal and leadership growth plans
- experience both recreation and "re-creation"
At the Institute, a core group of mentors agreed to:
- work with PKAL Staff and Institute Staff to identify the right issues (those that are emerging due to changes in science and society) for consideration
- serve as presenters at the Institute
- continue to serve as mentors to Institute participants following the Leadership Institute.